The Reading Services Guide provides information about social care, children, youth and other sources of support both locally in Reading and nationally within the United Kingdom so that people can look for support themselves. The services guide lists Ofsted registered childcare, family services records held in community centres and venues, records for youth services, and activities/news items relevant to the core purpose of the guide.
Although the Council makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy of information herein we cannot accept responsibility for any loss which might arise from reliance on the information contained on this site or any damage which may be caused by downloading information from this site.
Please note that the Reading Services Guide includes some information and links to third party internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others. Reading Borough Council is not responsible for the accuracy of the information in the services guide, and does not endorse and also cannot be responsible for linked external sites. Reading Borough Council DOES NOT represent or warrant that its web site or any other web site accessible via the Reading Services Guide is virus free.
In addition, we strongly advise that before you use any of the services listed on the Reading Services Guide you check:
- Are the services accredited or registered with any relevant professional body?
- Do they have any published service standards?
- Is there an easily accessible complaints procedure?
- If you have to pay, what does it cost and what does this cover?
- What checks are done on staff and volunteers? (e.g. References taken up, Disclosure & Barring Service Checks and Protection of Vulnerable Adults Scheme)
- Can you speak with someone who has already used the service?
- Are the premises accessible?
- If the service requires you to sign a contract check the contract includes what you and the service expect from each other. Before you sign the contract ensure you understand everything - if in doubt contact the Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
In addition it is advisable to call any of the clubs listed before attending, as the dates/times of meetings or sessions may have changed since we were informed about them.
We also reserves the right to refuse or delete publication of any organisation or information which it believes, or for which evidence has been provided, contravenes the laws of the UK. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Reading Services Guide.
The Head of Wellbeing at Reading Borough Council will make the final decision on any entries that are not suitable to be listed as per the above criteria. This will be supported by the Head of Early Help and Family Intervention for Family Services.
We do not accept liability or responsibility for any loss or damage arising from any information being mis-translated through the use of Google Translate or otherwise.
Rate and Review Disclaimer
Reading Borough Council, Reading Services Guide offers a rate and review facility and welcome feedback from all our users.
In posting on our website you agree to be bound by these rules.
Please note that the Council will moderate comments and will not publish them on the Reading Services Guide, all comments sent to us will be reviewed and shared appropriately. Star ratings will be published.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information on this website.
- You acknowledge that the opinions expressed are those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the views of the Council. The Council is not responsible for, does not control, does not endorse and does not verify the content posted on this website. Furthermore, the Council makes no guarantees regarding the reliability, accuracy, legitimacy or quality of any such content.
- The Council reserves the right to edit comments for language or other inappropriate content. We reserve the right to remove or discard any content if it is deemed to contravene these Rules. These Rules are not exhaustive and the Council reserves the right to vary them from time to time and the Rules published at the time of browsing are those in effect.
- All comments/star ratings require a valid e-mail address before they are posted (this e-mail address will not be displayed).
- Any reviews, comments, content and star ratings should be solely about the service/topic in which such content is posted.
- Reviews should be genuine experiences and content/star ratings should be relevant and helpful to other users of the website.
- No single word reviews are permitted.
- Reviews must be written in English.
- Reviews that contain questions or comments aimed at other contributors or website users or Council staff and/or representatives will not be published or will be removed.
- Contributors under the age of 18 should get the permission of a parent or guardian before submitting any review or contribution
- Do not write in capital letters, as this is considered shouting. Messages in block capitals will not be published.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove comments which:
- Violate any applicable national or international law or regulations
- Contain data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or any other material ("Content") that is false, unlawful, misleading, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing or advocates harassment of another person, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable.
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise additional products or services
- Contain private information of any third party, that includes, without limitation, surname (family name), postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and bank details.
- Are written in anything other than English.
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Contain unsolicited promotions, mass mailings or “spamming”, transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters, political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations, that is posts containing the same, or similar, content posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the blog discussion
- provide instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the char areas are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- may infringe any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, content that promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Contain content or links to content that, in the sole judgment of the Council, (a) violate the previous subsections, (b) are objectionable, (c) which restrict or inhibit any other person from using or enjoying the interactive areas or the website, or (d) which may expose the Council or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content;
- Upload, post or email any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
13. Should you wish to make a complaint about any organisation or service providers listed please contact the organisation directly and follow their complaints process.
14. The Council retains the right to prevent you accessing the interactive areas of the website if you contravene these Rules.
15. Please be aware that by submitting content to this website by electronic mail, postings on this website or otherwise, including any reviews, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, “Submissions”), you grant the Council and its agents a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter devised; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission.
16. Your use of this site is personal to you and non-transferable, and you may not use this site for commercial purposes.
17. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or partners harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to any content you upload, post or email on or through our site, or your breach of the provisions of these Rules.
18. Any breaches may lead to us reporting your activities to your Internet Service Provider, your employer, relevant authorities or to legal action being taken against you, or both.
Children & Young Peoples Disability Register and Care Passport
What happens to my information
You can be confident your details are safe. The Children and Young People’s Disabilities Register is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. The data from your form is stored securely and separate from any other information held. Only relevant staff in Reading Borough Council will have access to the information you provide. Reading Borough Council may share statistical or general information where it might help with working together to co-ordinate services or improve provision across Berkshire. However, if any safeguarding issues arise, information will have to be shared as appropriate and as necessary with other colleagues. In such cases you will be informed of this.
You are able to access and update your information on the Children and Young People’s Disabilities Register at anytime.
This disclaimer was last reviewed on 10/10/2016.