A 'User Led' independent and voluntary group that offers free support and advice to individuals on the autistic spectrum, their parents, carers and professionals within Wokingham and West Berkshire Boroughs, Berkshire UK.
We aim to help improve services for children and adults with ASD, their parents, carers & professionals, through raising awareness of ASD by providing (subject to funding):
- Support to parents/carers through regular drop in sessions and coffee mornings
- Free advice and information through email, face-to-face and our website
- Social activities for autistic children and young people
- Social activities for autistic adults
- Social activities for families
- Training across the Borough
- Life and relationships skills for teens
- Employability training for autistic adults
- Employment to autistic adults
- Social activities to include siblings and young carers
Our events are open to all affected by autism or associated conditions (eg. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, OCD, Anxiety, PDA, ADHD etc)
Some events are age specific and some must be booked in advance. Please see individual events for full details.
NB: For most child sessions we are unable to book new children onto a session, without them first attending a sign up session with a parent. This allows the child to meet some of our staff, see one of our venues and assess whether we are able to meet your child's needs. The sign up sessions take place ONCE a month. (For more information about our sign up sessions, please look at our Family Fun Session activity).
For family or child sessions, please contact Rachael@asdfamilyhelp.org
For adult support or sessions, please contact Jayne@asdfamilyhelp.org
For DLA/PIP support appointments, please contact Theresa@asdfamilyhelp.org