Confusing. Frustrating. Depressing. These are just some of the descriptions of what it can be like as a young person trying to find the right opportunity in education, employment or training. It’s a difficult journey at the best of times, but even more so today when the economy is still in recovery and the world of work is changing rapidly. That’s why we have come together to try to make that journey easier for you to navigate. Local colleges, the Council, businesses, training providers, support agencies – we’ve all pooled our knowledge and networks to give you information at your fingertips so that you can find out:
- Where to get help to build the skills you need
- What opportunities there are for work experience, volunteering
- How to make the most of your abilities in applying for jobs
- How to deal with benefits and finance
- What apprenticeships and traineeships can offer
- How a mentor might be able to help you along the way
It’s all right here, in one place - our aim is for ElevateMe to be the SatNav to guide you to your destination, whatever journey you’re on.