If you have a physical or neurological impairment or sensory impairment and you live in Reading and want a say in how support and other services are delivered locally, join the Reading Physical Disability and Sensory Needs Partnership Network
About the Network
The PDSN Partnership Network is made up of:
- people who have a physical disability, neurological condition or sensory need
- their carers and allies
- staff from Reading Borough Council’s Adult Care
- representatives from local voluntary organisations.
We generally meet around four times a year and hold an annual event. We also arrange smaller, more focused meetings to look at specific issues identified by the group.
The Board aims to improve the quality of life and promote independence by helping to develop and improve the support and services provided to meet the needs of people with physical and neurological impairments or sensory needs.
Encourages those with physical disabilities and sensory needs, their carers and allies to:
- speak up and be heard
- get involved in decisions about service changes and improvements to ensure that services meet their needs
- get involved in every stage of planning and developing new services
- Challenges attitudes and barriers which prevent people from accessing services is consulted with regards to services and anything else which affects local service users
- Plays an active part in training staff
- Links with statutory and voluntary organisations who support those with disabilities to ensure joined up thinking and service provision
- Monitors plans to improve and develop services
- Ensures there is up-to-date information to help people make good choices about their health, care and other needs
“It's about making sure disabled people get services that work well for them.”
“It is useful to talk to service staff. I really feel we are listened to.”
For more information:
Including minutes of past meetings please see the Reading Services Guide: www.reading.gov.uk/serviceguide
Contact the Partnership Network:
Tel: 0118 937 2383 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org