A 2-day Mental Health First Aid Course in Reading.
Monday 16 July - 9:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday 17 July - 9:30am - 4:30pm
- What is a mental health problem?
Mental health problems cover a wide range of issues - including stress, anxiety, depression and substance abuse - that affect someone’s ability to get on with their daily life. The most common mental disorder in Britain is mixed anxiety and depression, with almost 9% of people meeting the criteria for diagnosis*.
*Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity report (2001)
- Who is this course for?
Members of the Public, Carers, Community Workers, Commercial, Voluntary & Public Sector Workers.
It is NOT for Trained Mental Health Professionals
- What will I learn?
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problems
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
MHFA training is a nationally recognised 12 hour course www.mhfaengland.org.uk
Some of the Areas Covered: Depression, Anxiety Disorders, Alcohol & Substance Misuse, Panic Attacks, and Eating Disorders.
** The recommended minimum price for the course is £300 per place. We have subsidized it to £130 per place.