Where to find information
The latest guidance is to stay at home. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Advice for households with suspected coronavirus infection. The full guidance is available here.
Information on schools, childcare and other educational settings closure, for parent carers.
Rolling update from Ofsted www.gov.uk/guidance/ofsted-coronavirus-covid-19-rolling-update
Please find below some resources that may be helpful for parent carers of children and young people with SEND or children and young people themselves.
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
If you need extra help during the Coronavirus outbreak - or if you want to offer a helping hand
Special Educational Needs/Disabilities (SEND)
Minister for Children, Young People and Families' Open Letter to the SEND sector in relation to activity during the COVID-19 pandemic
Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) has received and actioned requests made in the open letter Vicky Ford, Minister for Children, Young People and Families, sent to the SEND sector.
BFfC is committed to working with key partners including schools, childcare settings and the voluntary sector to ensure the needs of children and young people with SEND are met, and that they and their families are supported throughout this difficult time.
Page last updated: 02/04/2020