Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT)
We’re a community and mental health trust, providing a wide range of services to people of all ages living in Berkshire. And to do this, we employ approximately 4,500 staff who operate from our many sites as well as out in people’s homes and in various community settings.
Across Berkshire the main locations can be found at
Bracknell, Reading, Slough, Wokingham, West Berkshire & Windsor, Ascot & Maidenhead, click on the link https://www.berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/
- BHFT share some of their community hospitals with other NHS providers such as Royal Berkshire Hospital and Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals, which also run services from these sites. They also provide health care and therapy to people in their own homes.
- Inpatient rehabilitation wards at community hospitals
- Community nursing
- Health visiting
- Allied health such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy and podiatry
- Learning disability community-based services
- Mental health services - inpatient and community-based
- Community dentistry for children and adults who have special needs that prevent them getting dental care from a general dentist
- Children's services
- Prison health services
- Some of the walk-in health centres and minor injuries units in Berkshire.
BHFT offer services to the whole family from birth to the elderly. Health visitors, who are all qualified nurses or midwives, are here to support and guide you and your family as your child grows up.
The vast majority of the people we care for are supported in their own homes and our services for the elderly help them to remain in their own homes giving them independence and dignity.
"Our vision is to be recognised as the leading community and mental health service provider by our staff, patients and partners"
Find out more about us by Visiting our Website
Information on all BHFT services can be found on the Reading Services Guide These records are easily identified by the Berkshire Healthcare logo (see image). All of the information on our records is taken directly from the BHFT website.
The Head Office is:
Skimped Hill Lane
Updated September 2020