Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT)
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT) is a specialist mental health and community health services trust.
BHFT operate from more than 100 sites across the county including community hospitals clinics and GP practices. Across Berkshire the main locations can be found at
Bracknell, Reading, Slough, Wokingham, West Berkshire & Windsor, Ascot & Maidenhead, click on the link https://www.berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/
- BHFT share some of their community hospitals with other NHS providers such as Royal Berkshire Hospital and Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals, which also run services from these sites. They also provide health care and therapy to people in their own homes.
- Inpatient rehabilitation wards at community hospitals
- Community nursing
- Health visiting
- Allied health such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy and podiatry
- Learning disability community-based services
- Mental health services - inpatient and community-based
- Community dentistry for children and adults who have special needs that prevent them getting dental care from a general dentist
- Children's services
- Prison health services
- Some of the walk-in health centres and minor injuries units in Berkshire.
BHFT offer services to the whole family from birth to the elderly. Health visitors, who are all qualified nurses or midwives, are here to support and guide you and your family as your child grows up.
The vast majority of the people we care for are supported in their own homes and our services for the elderly help them to remain in their own homes giving them independence and dignity.
We have 171 mental health inpatient beds and almost 200 community hospital beds in five locations and working in partnership with patients and their families is really important to us as this helps us to provide the best care in the right place. We support people with long-term health problems to manage their own lives as much as we can, so they can stay at home and do not need to be in hospital.
Our Vision is to provide the best care in the right place: developing and delivering excellent services in local communities with people and their families to improve their health, well-being and independence.
Find out more about us by Visiting our Website
Information on all BHFT services can be found on the Reading Services Guide These records are easily identified by the Berkshire Healthcare logo (see image). All of the information on our records is taken directly from the BHFT website.
The Family Information Service work closely with BHFT to ensure that the information given is accurate and up to date.
The Head Office is:
Skimped Hill Lane
Updated August 2019