Have you thought of Appointeeship?

An appointee is someone who has been given authority by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) / JobCentre Plus to receive a person's benefits on their behalf.

There is no need to submit any medical evidence to prove that the person has lost capacity.

The DWP will allow the appointee to receive payments into their own bank account as they will not have the legal authority to open an account on the person's behalf.

For more information on how to 'Become and appointee for someone claiming benefits', please follow the related link.

Page last reviewed: 12/02/2024

Contact the Team

Family Information Service

fis@reading.gov.uk 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

SEND Local Offer

localoffer@reading.gov.uk 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

Adult & Carers Support

CSAAdvice.Signposting@reading.gov.uk 0118 937 3747 0118 937 3747
Skip back to top of page