Skip to main content


Due to the COVID-19 situation, some of the organisations listed on this site have posted service updates and will continue doing so. Many phone lines and websites are still available, however some contact details may have changed. Try the organisation's own website if you're having difficulty getting through.

If you have any queries, please email us at or

Carer's Assessment and support

If you are the parent/carer for a disabled child, or you provide unpaid care and/or support to a Reading adult (18 years +), or if you are a young person with caring responsibilities, you may be eligible for support.

To find out more, please follow this link: Help from social care / Children’s Social Care

Please note Reading Borough Council and Brighter Futures for Children have arranged for the Reading & West Berkshire Carers Hub to complete carers assessments for adults who care for another adult or an adult caring for a child. For an assessment, please contact the Reading & West Berkshire Carers Hub on 0118 324 7333 or at 

TuVIDA Carers Hub will undertake the carers assessments for parent carers of under 18 year olds.

If a child is caring for a parent or other family member, they are entitled to an assessment of their needs. Please contact the Children’s Single Point of Access (CSPOA) on 0118 937 3641.

Page last reviewed: 29/09/2020