Advocacy for vulnerable adults

Independent Advocacy

If someone has substantial difficulty in taking part in an assessment, and has no one suitable to support them, social services can find them an independent advocate.

An advocate is someone who can support the person to understand the process, make choices and express their views.

For more information please contact social services: 0118 937 3747

Healthwatch Reading - delivered by The Advocacy People

Helps local people get the best out of their local health and social care services by providing:

  • opportunities for people to have their say and influence the delivery and design of local health services
  • advice and advocacy to help you understand your rights, raise concerns or make complaints about the service you received

Call Mobile number:  0118 214 5579 or make a referral by completing the form


Page last reviewed: June 2022

Related Advice

Help for elderly and disabled consumers seeking support to access services Do you need help at home or to get out and about?


Related Images

Page last reviewed: 31/10/2022

Contact the Team

Family Information Service 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

SEND Local Offer 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

Adult & Carers Support 0118 937 3747 0118 937 3747
Skip back to top of page