Priority Services Register for vulnerable households
Services such as gas, electricity, water, phones and public transport are no luxuries. We need them every day to look after ourselves.
Regulated providers of these services offer Priority Service Registers to provide extra help for customers who are more vulnerable because they are older, have a disability or long-term illness.
The extra help offered can include things like:
- help with meter reading
- advance notice of disruption to services and emergency arrangements
- capped water bills if you have a water meter but use extra water due to a medical need
- bills in alternative formats such as large print or braille
- free gas safety checks if you receive certain benefits
For help with gas, electricity, water or your phone service, simply call the enquiries number on your bill or visit their website. Visit www.reading.gov.uk/psr for more information on services provided to vulnerable customers in the UK.
Discounted Water Rates
Do you qualify for the Watersure Plus Scheme? You should qualify if:
- Your gross yearly household income is less than £16,105, before deducations;
- You can deduct any disability payments from your income
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to find the application form.