Adult Care & Support Services - information page

Are you are finding it more difficult to take care of yourself or keep in touch with others because you are getting older or you have a disability or ongoing health condition?

If so, Adult Social Care Services may be able to help.

We offer a range of information, advice and support to help you:

  • Stay living in your own home for as long as possible
  • Be as independent as you can be
  • Stay involved in social activities and
  • Live your life the way you want.

Some of the services we offer are free and available to all Reading adults, other services have specific eligibility criteria and people may be asked to contribute towards the cost - how much you pay depends on your financial situation.

Some core Adult social care services are funded by Reading Borough Council:

  •  Information, Advice & Guidance
  • Life-line Emergency Alarms / Telecare
  • Reablement
  • Short term emergency care
  • Self Directed Support (Personal Budget)
  • Care & Support (Learning Disability / Physical Disability  /Older People)
  • Housing Options
    • Sheltered Housing
    • Domiciliary Care
    • Supported Living
    • Extra Care Housing
  • Financial Assessment
  • Day Services (The Maples (Older People) / Strathy Close (Learning Disability / Physical Disability))
  • Older People’s Social Clubs
  • Safeguarding Adults
  • Deputy’s Office

 Some services are commissioned by the Council:

  • Home Care Framework
  • Supported Living Providers
  • Lunch Clubs
  • Carers Support Services

 Extra Care Housing:

  • Catalyst Housing: Oak Tree House (RG30) – 100% extra care vacancies
  • A2Dominion – Chimney Court (RG30), Charles Clore Court (RG30), Cornerstones (RG30)
  • Reading Borough Council: Cedar Court (RG2)

 Sheltered Housing

  • Bristow Court (RG4)
  • Christchurch Court (RG2)
  • Corwen Road (RG30)
  • Durham Close (RG2)
  • St Stephens Court (RG1)
  • Trinity place (RG1)
  • Tyrrell Court (RG1)
  • Wearside Court (RG1)
  • Woodlands Court (RG5)
  • Liebenrood Road (RG30)

How to contact Adult Social Care Services?

To find out how you can get support from Adult Social Care Services, including for mental health needs, or for any further information please call 0118 937 3747.

Please follow the related link to the main RBC website to find out more.

Page last reviewed: 12/01/2023

Contact the Team

Family Information Service 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

SEND Local Offer 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

Adult & Carers Support 0118 937 3747 0118 937 3747
Skip back to top of page