Special Needs Support
Browse by subject
Support available to Parents, Families and Carers and Young People with SEND.
In this section you will find a range of information including:
- Local Services and Charities
- National Services and Charities
- Support Groups
- Where to get help and advice.
Reviewed - March 2023
Next review date March 2024
Useful Links & Further Information for parent carers
If you want some specific help and advice, you may find the following useful:
Information for professionals - Early help and prevention services BFfC
We work with parents, children, young people and alongside our partners in the wider early help community
Early help, also known as early intervention, is providing the right support to families, at the right time, to achieve change that lasts. It can be provided at any stage in a child or young person’s life, from pre-birth through to the teenage years.
Early help services can be delivered to parents, children or whole families, but the main focus is to improve outcomes for children and help prevent any situation from escalating, or further problems arising.
To find out more click here to visit the Brighter Futures for Children website
Related AdviceSEND Guide for Parent Carers Education Health & Care Plans (EHCP) Children & Young People’s Disabilities Team (CYPDT) Reading Families' Forum (RFF) Reading Information, Advice & Support Service for SEND (SENDIASS) SEND Pre-Diagnosis - Are you Concerned about your child? Young People with SEND who are in Custody SEND - Family Finance Parents: Your Relationships Matter Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children Living well with Autism Grants Children & Young People ~ Safety ~ information on local & national organisations Bereavement Support
- Reading All Age Autism Strategy 2022 - 2026 - February 2023
- All Age Autism Strategy Our plan 2022 to 2026 - Easy Read - February 2023
- Mencap - Mental Health Capacity Resource Pack - For Family Carers of People with a Learning Disability - March 2019
- National Framework for Children & Young People's Continuing Care
- Complex Needs Plan (External) and Escalation Routeway - Reading 04/09/2018