Early Years & Childcare
Browse by subject
Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) - Brighter Futures For Children for information on activities running over the school holidays for eligible families
Good quality childcare is beneficial for all children. It can play a hugely important role in your child's development, allowing them to become independent, to mix with other children and to learn new things. But choosing the right childcare can be a difficult decision for every parent, particularly if your child has a special educational need or disability (SEND).
Under 'view all services' you will find a list of childcare providers who have completed their Local Offer, which provides parents and carers with additional information on how that childcare setting can support a child or young person with SEND. To view all childcare settings in Reading visit - www.readingfis/childcare
Last reviewed March 2023
Holiday Activity Fund
Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) - find out more by visiting Brighter Futures for Children
Free Early Years Childcare Education Funding
Reading Family Information Service (FIS)
The Family Information Service (FIS) offers comprehensive information for parent/carers looking for appropriate childcare, support in finding childcare for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and provide assistance with finding appropriate childcare via our brokerage service. Contact FIS 0118 9373777 (option 2) firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for professionals - Under 5s services (early years) BFfC
What is the role of the Early Years and SEND Team?
The Early Years and Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) teams work in parallel to focus support and advice to Early Years Providers to ensure high quality, inclusive provision that reduces inequalities and improves outcomes for children under five in Reading.
Portage advisors also provide support to children under five with SEND and their families, within groups and at home, with a focus on individual achievement.
Find out more click here to visit the Brighter Futures for Children website.
Information for parent carers - SEND Under 5's - BFfC
Information on support for children under 5 is also available on the Brighter Futures for Children website, click here to view the page.
Related AdviceSEND Guide for Parent Carers Childcare for Children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities in Reading 2 Year Old Education & Childcare Funding 3 & 4 Year Old Universal 15 hours and 30 hours funding Tax-Free Childcare: Helping Working Parents Pay for Childcare Extended Childcare Support from April 2024 Childcare Costs Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) Early Years Inclusion Funding Graduated Response Documents for Early Years & Schools Brighter Beginnings - Early Years Inclusion Award Disability Access Fund (DAF) Baby Boost Programme (BFfC) Day Nurseries Childminders Nannies / Home Childcarers & Au-pairs Out Of School Care Pre-Schools Childcare - Frequently Asked Questions Early Years Team Supporting SEND Child Development
- Reading Childcare Sufficiency Assessment - 2016
- Reading Childcare Sufficiency Assessment - 2017
- Reading Childcare Sufficiency Assessment - 2019 - 2020
- Reading Childcare Sufficiency Assessment - 2020 - 2021
- Reading Childcare Sufficiency Assessment - 2021 - 2022
- Reading Childcare Sufficiency Assessment - 2022 - 2023
- Reading Early Years and Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Consultation Report 2017
- Reading Borough Council Early Years Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) Guidance and toolkit - May 2019
- Choosing Childcare Leaflet ~ August 2020
- Choosing a Childminder Leaflet ~ August 2020
- Choosing a Day Nursery Leaflet ~ August 2020
- Choosing a Nursery School / Class Leaflet ~ August 2020
- Choosing Out of School Childcare Leaflet ~ August 2020