Engage Befriending brings together those who are isolated or lonely with a volunteer befriender. We befriend people who are over 55 years old and live in the Reading area. Our volunteers will visit once a week or fortnight. It may be for just a cuppa…90 London StreetReadingRG1 4SJ
Services in Community Directory & Venues (425)
Refine these results
Related AdviceReading21 Half Marathon Training Programme - 14 January-2 April 2023 Warm Spaces in Reading Grassroots Community Meetings - Zoom Community Wellbeing - Latest Updates March-April 2023 View all related advice
- Helping disabled people to get involved in sport
- Local group providing Information, advice and support for people with diabetes plus social/fundraising events.St Andrews United Reformed ChurchCraven RoadReadingRG1 5LE
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 RESPONSE: Out & About and Social Prescribing Last updated: 27/01/2022 Getting Out & About is a short-term service to help older people in Reading to discover new pastimes, rekindle old hobbies and find new friends in your local community. Our service is for older people living…
- Monday to FridayCompass Recovery College continues to run free mental health and wellbeing workshops, both online and in person. Whether you are a returning participant or new to Compass Recovery College, there’s something for everyone. The wide range of workshops we offer are an educational route to…
- Sport and physical activitiesBath RoadKnowl HillReadingRG10 9XA
- Every Wednesday from 10:00 am - come and join us for a drink, cakes and a chat. Soup and rolls are available from 12:30 pm for £1.50.Abbey Baptist ChurchAbbey SquareReadingRG1 3BE
- The Berkshire Keep Fit Association provides exercise, movement and dance classes for active adults aged 16+. In addition, classes for the less abled are available as seated movement classes. Teacher training courses are also available.
- For details of Registered Tree Consultants (for advice on issues such as the health and/or safety of a tree) and Approved Tree Contractors (for services such as pruning or removing trees).
- Tea, coffee and informal socialising for Over 50s The Pop In is held on Mondays excluding Bank Holidays Some weeks we will have external speakers, crafts and entertainment No need to book for the Monday Pop In, just turn up!Carey StreetReadingRG1 7JS
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.