Skip to main content

Contact the team

Family Information Service -

SEND Local Offer -

Adult Carers Advice & Support -

Search Results

Advice & Information (277 results)

 Directory results

Nannies / Home Childcarers & Au-pairs

This page looks at the difference between nannies and au-pairs. Last Reviewed June 2022

Reading Services Guide, Family Information Service & SEND Local Offer Fliers, Poster & Presentation

The Reading Services Guide team have created publicity fliers which can be downloaded from this page, see related links. If you would like hard copies of the fliers then please contact the appropriate service through the contact us page. We have also produced a Reading…

Ready for Parenthood Campaign

#ReadyforParenthood Our #ReadyforParenthood campaign aims to support new parents, running across local authorities, NHS organisations and local support groups. Each month focuses on a different aspect of being a parent: Attachment and developing a relationship with your baby Checking your vaccinations are up to date…

Things to do

Reading is full of things to do for young people, from sports groups to dance clubs to swimming pools. Using the information found on this page, and the calender on the home-page, you are sure to find something you will enjoy.  

I look after someone (unpaid carer)

"Caring" covers a wide range of situations: You are a carer if you look after a partner, family member or friend who is dependent on you for care and/or support because they are older and frail, disabled, have a long term illness or they need…

Deputy's Office (Reading Borough Council)

The Deputy's Office manages the finances of social care clients who are unable to do so themselves. Clients, who are already getting services from Adult Social Care Services, are referred to the Deputy's Office when they are deemed to have lost the mental capacity to…

End of life care

End of life care should help the person you care for live as well as possible until the last years / months of their life, and to die with dignity. The people providing care should ask them about their wishes and preferences, and take these…

Using public transport with a disability

All public transport vehicles have to be "accessible" to avoid causing difficulty for disabled passengers. Public transport vehicles also have to accept guide dogs or assistance dogs. However, if you are using public transport, it’s worth contacting the transport operator before you travel to make…

Disabled Parking - The Blue Badge Scheme

The Blue Badge Scheme enables people with severe mobility problems to access goods and services by allowing them to park closer to their destination. The scheme is open to eligible disabled people irrespective of whether they are a driver or passenger. For more information, please…

Do you need help to meet your care needs or to employ a Personal Assistant (PA)?

If you do, you may find it useful to recruit a Personal Assistant to help you get out and about or to help you get involved in the activities you’d like to do. Fo further information and to find out how to recruit a Personal…