We support people with polio and Post Polio Syndrome, their family and carers and healthcare professionals. Small grants and access to a Disability Benefits Advisor are available to members.
Refine these results
Related AdviceCommunity Safety Survey for all Reading residents Activities running this Easter 2023 New members welcome at Reading Mencap’s social clubs Easter Service with the Golders Club - Tuesday 28th March View all related advice
- Search for care homes across the UK
- Website providing information for people with learning disabilities, their families and carers
- Bettercaring is a directory of nursing and care homes for older people, including care and nursing homes across the country.
- For lawn cut, maintenance of lawn, hedge trimming, leaf clearance, or patio and driveway cleaning, fencing or just general garden maintanence, we would be happy to help.Hilltop43 New RoadSandhurstBerkshireGU47 8EF
- Registered residential and nursing care homes in Berkshire
- The Berkshire Keep Fit Association provides exercise, movement and dance classes for active adults aged 16+. In addition, classes for the less abled are available as seated movement classes. Teacher training courses are also available.
- Information for anyone who suffers from arthritis, their friends and families or any members of the public wanting to know more. We also provide educational resources and publications aimed at medical professionals.
- Provide specialist equipment/hoists to promote obstacle-free motoring:, including equipment for people needing help to enter and exit their vehicle Drivers requiring adaptions to make it easier to control the vehicle enabling wheelchairs and scooters be be transported in the vehicle
- Asda offers home delivery for food bought online and this includes chilled/frozen meals that can be reheated. Delivery charges vary between £2.00 and £6.00; sometimes they are free depending on the amount ordered.
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.