Information and advice on a wide range of subjects affecting older people. The Facsheets Information Page lists specific topics you may find of interest and of assistance, including: Facsheet FS37: Hospital discharge arrangements Facsheet FS42: Disability equipment and home adaptations
Services in General advice (50)
Refine these results
Related Advice10 health benefits of stopping smoking Addiction - information page from the NHS Advocacy for vulnerable adults Benefits for Carers (Carer's Allowance) View all related advice
- Monday to FridayAge UK Berkshire information and advice telephone and email service is available 9 am-4:30 pm Monday to Friday with out of hours calls being picked up by the national call centre Last updated: 31/01/2022 Age UK Berkshire's Information & Advice team provide information and advice…Unit 119, Broad Street MallReadingBerkshireRG1 7QE
- Offering support to all UK armed forces and national service veterans born before 1st January 1950. We also offer support to the carers and relatives of veterans. We offer support to help with a variety of issues including depression, anxiety, loneliness, bereavement or anything that…
- 1st Friday of the Month 2pm-3.30pm (starting 1st October 2021)Bereavement Café drop in starts on the 1st October, the café is a safe place to find others who have had their own loss and can appreciate something of your experience.... A place to talk about the pain and loss or just sit with others who…St. Barnabas ChurchSt. Barnabas RoadEmmer GreenReadingRG4 8RA
- Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pmProvides grants to small voluntary groups that tackle need at the grass roots of our local community, both now and in the future.Since 1985, the Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF) has been working with local voluntary groups that tackle need at the grassroots level in our…100Longwater AvenueGreen ParkReadingRG2 6GP
- Info4Care is a free website to help older people and their families understand the basics of the care system from the point of need through to seeking suitable specialist help and advice. Guidance includes: Adult Social Care for the Elderly Paying for Care, Care Funding…ReadingBerkshireRG1 4QA
- You can contact Cgl Reading on Tel: 01189 557333 Current opening times are: Monday 9.30am-7pm Tuesday 9.30am - 5pm Wednesday 1pm - 5pm Thursday 9.30am - 7pm Friday 9.30am - 5pm First port of call for all drug and alcohol advice, referral and assessment in…127Oxford RoadReadingRG1 7UU
- What are Changing Places Toilets? Standard disabled toilets do not meet the needs of all people with a disability – or their carers. People with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well as other serious impairments such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis or an acquired brain…
- We aim to empower people by providing them with the information they need to solve their own problems and to signpost them to appropriate advice when necessary, including Advice and guidance on your rights and entitlements.
- Monday to FridayCitizens Advice Reading is a small local independent charity. We offer free, impartial and confidential specialist advice to help people with a wide range of problems including benefits, debt and money and cost of living. To arrange an appointment with an adviser, please check our…Minster StreetReadingRG1 2JB
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.