Family Information Service - (FIS)
Who to contact
Where to go
Reading Borough Council, Civic Offices
- RG1 2LU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Is there a charge for
using this service?
- FREE Impartial Service
- Wheelchair accessible?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
No referral is required the service is universal and is available for parents, carers, young people and practitioners.
- Contact Name
- Maryam Makki
- Contact Telephone
- 0118 9373777 - Option 2
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Early Years (0-4 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
- SEN Provision Type
General Provider Response
- Is your service accessible?
- The Family Information Service is a statutory service providing free individually tailored information, advice and guidance on any family matter. The service is available to any family member taking care of children or young people aged 0-19 years of age inclusive (up to 25 years for children and young people with special needs) as well as professionals working with families in Reading. The service is delivered by level 3 & level 4 qualified staff in Information, Advice & Guidance. Information available on Ofsted registered childcare, educational services, support organisations, health, leisure activities, children centres, special needs and much more.....
- What are the eligibility criteria for your service?
- We provide a universal service which is available to all parents, carers, young people and practitioners. There are no restrictions for access to this service.
- How are referrals/applications made to your service?
- No referral is required - Customers can contact the service Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- What is your service standard for responding to referrals/accessing services?
- The Family Information Service aims to respond to all enquires within 2 to 5 working days; however the Reading Services Guide is available to all customers out side office hours.
- Local Authority
- Details of charges
- FREE Service
- Inspection outcomes/quality awards
- Families First Award The service is delivered by NVQ Level 3 and Level 4 qualified staff in Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
- Feedback and complaints procedure
- Feedback on the service can be provided by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to rate this service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.