COVID-19 - Family Information Service is avaiable Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm by phone and email firstname.lastname@example.org
FIS is a FREE impartial information, advice and guidance service for 0 - 25 year olds, delivered by NVQ Level 3 and Level 4 qualified staff.
We have lots of information for families, child carers and professionals, including:
- Ofsted registered childcare - childminders, pre-schools, day nurseries, out of school and holiday clubs, etc
- Unregistered childcare - parent and toddler groups, childcare for the over 8s, etc
- Help and advice on choosing childcare
- Information on financial help for families with childcare costs - including tax credits, benefits and free Early Years Entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
- 30 hour Childcare entitlement
- Useful local and national support organisations
- Details of a range of leisure activities
- Wide range of leaflets and guides
- Childcare Brokerage Service
- Support for families of children with disabilities and specific needs - 0 - 25 years - Local Offer
- Information on Children’s Centres.
A free information service for families living and working in Reading.
The Family Information Service provides information on behalf of Brighter Futures for Children, which is contracted to deliver the SEND/Local Offer service and the Family Information Service. Brighter Futures For Children - Website