A Weekly Outdoor Session for Toddlers
Discover the benefits of outdoor learning and child-led play! Come and join in with activities inspired by the themes and collections of the museum, enjoy exploring nature, our mud kitchen, water play, sand-pit and more. Each session also includes story-telling, craft activities singing and a snack. Friday Fledglings is run by Charlotte, a local teacher and Level 3 Forest Leader.
- Sessions are run on weekly pay-as-you-go basis but you will need to book in advance.
- Bookings open at 12pm on a Friday, one week ahead of the session you’d like to attend.
- Runs only during RBC school term time.
- All are welcome to come along: parents, grandparents and childminders!
Age Suitability and Tickets
The session is suitable for children aged approximately 18 months+ but if your child is able to enjoy interacting with the activities you are welcome to join us sooner. We expect that families will purchase at least 1 participating child ticket if they plan to come along to the session. The free adult and non-participating baby tickets are to accompany a participating child ticket and should not be booked without this.
What to Bring:
- Payment for the session (£4 per participating child)
- Suitable clothing for you all (wellies and wet-weather gear are recommended). The session will remain outdoors, no matter what the weather does
- Your own drinking water for story time
- We will serve bananas and biscuits as a snack or bring your own if you prefer
Please the MERL website for details of how to find us and parking information