The Maples Wellbeing Centre
The Maples offers a fully supported day service for anyone who lives in Reading/great Reading area who requires support to take part in social and leisure activities.
Our aim is to provide a high quality community based service to meet individual needs of older people including those living with Dementia.
We offer a wide range of social, physical, creative and fun activities in a safe, friendly and caring environment whilst promoting choice, independence and well-being.
The Maples can offer you:
* The opportunity to get out of the house
* Meet other people and make new friends
* Stay active
* Learn something new and have fun
* An opportunity for your regular carer to have a well-earned break from their caring role, safe in the knowledge that you will get all the care and support you need.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Ellie Shaw
- Contact Position
- Senior Day Centre Officer
- 0118 9374525 0118 9374525
Where to go
- Cedar Court
30, Whitley Rise
- RG2 0NS
Directions to RG2 0NS
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 10am - 4.30pm
- Time of day
- If you receive a Personal Budget from Reading Borough Council and you wish to attend The Maples, your daily attendance charge can be covered in your care and support plan. If you pay for your own care and wish to attend The Mapes, the daily attendance rate is currently £47.91.
- Referral required
- Other notes
The staff at The Maples are fully trained and equipped to support people with Dementia and people who require assistance with mobility to ensure personal care needs are met with dignity and respect. When you join The Maples, a member of staff will be allocated as your key worker and they will work with you and your family/carers to ensure you receive the right care and support.
In November 2020 we launched The Outreach Service offering support in peoples homes, this has proved to be a great success and will continue to run alongside Cedar Court enabling us to offer a hybrid service.
RatingsRated 4 out of 5 (1 rating)
Sign in to rate this service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.