About this event
This workshop will be delivered by Parenting Special Children and Parent Forum leads from Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham.
- To equip parents/carers to enable them to navigate the transition to adulthood and to support their young person with knowledge, skills and confidence.
- National agenda on transition to adulthood- latest updates.
- Transition process for young person moving from children's services to adult social services - Kate Stonehouse, Family Support, Reading Mencap
- Opportunity to connect with parent forum leads in your local area who have local knowledge of transition provision.
- Opportunity to meet with other parent/carers in your local area who are navigating the transition to adulthood.
Date: Thursday 17th June
Time: 10am - 12pm
Cost: Free. Please note that you must be registered with a Berkshire West NHS GP surgery (Reading, Wokingham, West Berkshire) in order to attend. You can check your GP surgery here: https://www.berkshirewestccg.nhs.uk/about-us/primary-care/gp-practices/