Berkshire Bereaved by Suicide Service has suspended home visits but is still offering telephone support.
Last updated: 15/04/2020
A new service launched on 1st July 2019 to help provide better support to those bereaved or affected by suicide.
Families will be provided with a specialist case worker who will work closely with them to provide practical help and emotional support.
This may include the following:
• Support to help families cope with the psychological effects of trauma
• Advocacy with housing services
• Advice around benefits or support to claim the correct benefits
• Support navigating the criminal justice system and Coroner’s Court
• Support with arranging the funeral and accessing funds for this, if eligible
The aim of the Bereaved by Suicide Service (BBS) is to reduce the distress and improve the long-term outlook, resilience and wellbeing of people directly bereaved by suicide. The service will provide specialist, confidential support, tailored to the needs of individuals, for as long as it is needed.
How to refer:
To refer yourself or someone else, please email: BBS.firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our support line, 24 hours a day, every day.