Ann Riley

Hi my name is Ann I am married with 4 children 3 have left home.
I offer a home from home environment. We go to local toddler groups most mornings.

I drop off and collect from Shinfield nursery, infants and junior school.

Please email me for more info.


This setting has signed up to offer Tax Free Childcare.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Ann Riley
07766 468497 07766 468497

Where to go

Directions to RG2 7LX

Time / Date Details

When is it on
Monday to Friday 7am-5pm


£6  Per Hour

Inclusion Information

Wheelchair access
Special Needs provision
Special Needs Experience
Speech & Language difficulties
Language impairment
Cerebral Palsy
Stoma care
Social & Emotional needs
Hearing Impairment
Delayed speech
Mobiltiy difficulties
Developmental delay
Motor impairment
Toileting Assistance
Learning difficulties
Visual impairment
Walking disability
Cystic Fibrosis
Physical impairment
Emotional needs
rare genetic syndrome
muscular dystrophy
Dietary needs
Downs syndrome
Partially sighted
General Special Needs
Autistic spectrum
Global Development Delay
behavioural problems
Feeding assistance
Provision for special dietary needs
Can make special cultural provisions

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
No vacancies

Funded Places

Has 3 & 4 year old funding
Has 2 year old funding

30 Hours Extended Entitlements

Additional 15 hours of *Free* childcare offered
Intending to provide 30 Hours?
Registered to provide 30 Hours?

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:00 17.00
Tuesday 07:00 17.00
Wednesday 07:00 17.00
Thursday 07:00 17.00
Friday 07:00 17:00

School Pickups

Offers school pickups
Shinfield County Infant School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
EY316469Link to latest Ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Inspection History
24/11/2009Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
03/11/2014Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
07/11/2017Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
26/05/2023Inspection (Early Years Register)Good

Local Offer

Contact Name
Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (0-4 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
SEN Provision Type
Local Offer Updated

Early Years Private, Voluntary & Independent Settings


I live in a 3 bed semi detached house in Whitley area of Reading.

I work with an assistant 

I cater for all children 


Updated April 2024

1: How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?

I will observe children when they first arrive and take observations of their milestones

2: How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?

I will make observations and assessments of children's learning on a daily basis, I will share any concerns with you and any other professional health provider

3: How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?

In my setting we have a play environment where we adapt activities of what is available on the day according to a child's interest and level of need.

I adapt the EYFS to offer targeted support for individual development interventions. These are planned and built into the child's learning environment in planning activity sheets and on the spot adjustments. In my setting we give you information about any other programmes we may use, such as the playing and learning socialise (PALS) I can also signpost you to other early years support such as children's centres, which we can use to ensure that we are working with all areas and facilities available to widen the EYFS curriculum to offer a varied range of development in all activities to cater for all levels of learners and all types of interaction in activities.

4: What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?

We can work 1-1 to help with the individual learning

5: What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?

The children learn through a curriculum based around play, then in our next steps we plan our weeks according to the children's interest 

6: How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?

All children including those with SEND are regularly assessed and their progress carefully monitored. Progress is discussed termly at family parents meetings. If your child has an EHCP (education, health care plan)

I also use daily contact sheets, observational home and setting books, plan targets and learning journeys, daily photos and simple observations.

7: How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?

Active, senses-based exploration of the environment 

Self-directed hands on learning activities balanced with adult directed activities 

A balance between individual and group activities 

Regular and supportive interaction with myself

A balance between active movement and quiet activities 

Ongoing observations and assessment 

I include children by what is known about their development and learning, what is known about the strengths, interests and needs of each individual child in the group, knowledge of social and cultural context in which children live. This allows for a variety for each child.

8: How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?

I can adapt my home to help with mobility 

9: How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?

In my setting I will liaise with you and also involve your child in completing the 'Thing's I'd like to know about me' sheet. This will be given to the receiving school before your child starts to help them understand your child's needs and preferences.

I also help each child by preparing a photograph book about your child's new school.

10: How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?

In my setting I ask parents for feedback and suggestions to access the effectiveness of all aspects of my services, at every opportunity and offer a way to ask for anything you or your child needs.

I do regular training to improve the services I offer 

11: Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?

Please contact Ann Riley

12: What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?

I have a folder for feedback, compliments and complaints 


Sign in to rate this service


This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.


Sign in to rate this service Remove from Shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Contact the Team

Family Information Service 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

SEND Local Offer 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

Adult & Carers Support 0118 937 3747 0118 937 3747
Skip back to top of page