Provides grants to small voluntary groups that tackle need at the grass roots of our local community, both now and in the future.Since 1985, the Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF) has been working with local voluntary groups that tackle need at the grassroots level in our local community, both now and in the future.
Community foundations exist to deliver philanthropic advice, expert grant making services, community leadership and to build endowment.
Who does it benefit?
Our main grant making is directed to:
The elderly, to stay active and warm and well in their homes
- People with long-term or terminal illnesses, and their carers
- People with physical and/or mental disabilities
- Children and young people
- Minority ethnic communities
- People not in work, education or training
- Homeless people and those at risk
- Addiction sufferers and their families
Benefits to donors
Giving responsibly at whatever level needs care and attention. We take care of the due-diligence for all our donors so that gifts make the maximum impact for the people they help. We also make giving as quick, easy and tax efficient as possible. We monitor the resources we distribute to ensure they have achieved maximum effect in combatting disadvantage across the county.