Carers Rights Guide - Looking After Someone Guide
The Carers Rights Guide is here to outline your rights as a carer, and to give you the full picture of the practical and financial support available.
The guide includes:
- Benefits: an overview of which benefits you or the person you can for may be entitled to and information about how to get a benefits check.
- Other financial help: including help with council tax, fuel costs, pensions and health costs.
- Practical help: including community care assessment, carer's assessment and direct payments.
- Technology: information about health and care technology that could make life easier for you and the person you care for.
- Your workplace: your rights at work, from flexible working and parental leave to protection from discrimination.
- Other help: how to find other help nationally and in your local community.
Who to contact
- 0808 808 7777 0808 808 7777
- Scan to visit this website
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm (Carers UK Advice Line)
Sign in to rate this service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.