ChatHealth (Health Visitor/School Nurse Teams)
Berkshire Healthcare Health Visiting and School Nursing service have launched a ChatHealth texting service.
ChatHealth is a confidential texting service aimed at parents/carers and young people.
It is an easy way to support more parents/young people with conversations about health and wellbeing. It will enable support to be started earlier, prevent problems from escalating and make connections with people that might otherwise be challenging to engage.
We have designated staff members who are running our service on a Monday-Friday (09:00-16:30) basis and aim to answer all text messages within a 24-hour period. ChatHealth is a licenced product from Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and used by many Health Visiting and School Nursing Services up and down the country.
For Berkshire Healthcare, we have different numbers for Health Visiting and School Nursing Services:
- Health Visiting – parents/carers of babies and children 0-4 years Health Visiting | Children Young People and Families Online Resource (berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk)
- School Nursing – parents/carers of children and young people 5-19 years School Nursing | Children Young People and Families Online Resource (berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk)
- School Nursing – young people 11-19 years
In the future, school nursing will also be launching ChatHealth for:
- young people 16-25 years with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND)
- young people who have left care 18-25 years
For more information on ChatHealth, have a look here: Home Page – ChatHealth
Who to contact
- 07312 263283 - Health Visiting (under 5s) 07312 263283 - Health Visiting (under 5s) 07312 263266 - School nurse (young people 11-19 years) 07312 263266 - School nurse (young people 11-19 years) 07312 263194 - Parent Carers (5-19 years) 07312 263194 - Parent Carers (5-19 years) 0118 9047100 - Main Health Visiting number 0118 9047100 - Main Health Visiting number
- Scan to visit this website
Sign in to rate this service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.