Support for safeguarding and crisis issues outside normal working hours.
5pm til 9am Monday to Friday / 24 hours Saturday to Sunday.
The objective of the service is:
- to respond to emergencies where immediate social care intervention is required to safeguard a vulnerable adult or child
- to respond to all statutory referrals to the unitary authorities
- to offer single point of access
- to undertake initial screening for those individuals who find themselves in need of emergency accommodation
- crisis intervention where there is significant welfare concerns that cannot wait until the next working day
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.