Christmas closure: 24/12/2020 - 03/01/2020
Last updated: 10/12/2020
The Reading Advice Network (RAN) is a membership organisation comprised of currently (in 2019) fourteen Information and Advice agencies operating in and around Reading.
Our members provide a range of support for citizens of Reading, from:
- Signposting to the relevant service or support
- Providing basic information to help people with a range of need
- Providing detailed information and supporting people to access that information
- Offering general advice and support with issues
- Offering specific and detailed advice, together with ongoing support, some of which may even be legal advice
- Providing non-statutory advocacy and ongoing support
- Providing statutory advocacy (as defined by the NHS and Reading Borough Council, amongst others)
That range of signposting, information, advice and advocacy covers at least the following areas or issues:
- Money: debt, benefits & pensions
- Health & Care
- Other issues including consumer rights, family support, help with energy providers and more
RAN helps our members to assist citizens of Reading to be able to access that support. RAN provides a Quality Standard and assess our members against that Standard.
RAN also runs at least three Advice Forums every year, usually in central Reading. Past topics have included 'homelessness', 'Universal Credit', 'mental health', 'partnership working' and 'advocacy'. Attendance is free and open to non-Members.
For the latest information, see Reading Advice Forums
For more information about the network and its members, please visit our website.