A national movement about welcome and belonging.
City of Sanctuary is a national movement of local people and community groups committed to creating a culture of welcome and safety, especially for refugees seeking sanctuary from war and persecution.
We want to build this culture across every sphere and sector of society. Wherever refugees go we want them to feel safe and find people who welcome them.
Local City of Sanctuary groups have been established in over 30 cities, towns and boroughs up and down the UK.
City of Sanctuart supporters sign a resolution of support indicating what they plan to do to make their city and activities welcoming and inclusive.
This could include
- Inviting a refugee to take part in your hobby with you - football, sewing - even just an invite for dinner!
- Holding an inter-faith event at your place of worship
- Organising an awareness raising event
- Local businesses offering a service such as a haircut, massage, item of clothing, coffee bank etc...
- Volunteering for a refugee organisation