The Centre is a place where women who have experienced FGM can access support and where necessary, onward referral to services. There will be support from local communities, local experts on the subject of FGM as well as Specialist Obs/Gynae Registrar providing clinical advice and support.
The Centre covers the whole of the West of Berkshire, however no woman will be turned away.
- FGM information, advice and support, community engagement & awareness
- Workshops on a range of social and health issues
- Confidential 1-1 expert medical consultation and treatment
- Peer to peer support and female companionship
- Engage with communities to increase awareness of the dangers about the practice, and provide medical and legal information that will help young girls safe.
Where to go
- Community Centre (Old Gatehouse Battle Hospital site)
- RG30 1AF
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.