COVID-19 RESPONSE: Handyman service is taking only urgent jobs e.g.??and there is a capacity issue due to staff self-isolation.?
Last updated: 30/03/2020
We can carry out a wide range of small household repairs for anyone over 50 years of age and anyone with disabilities living in Reading (as well as in other parts of Berkshire).
We can deliver emergency household repairs – especially to facilitate hospital discharge – free of charge and within 2 working days. This service includes:
- Replacing light bulbs or fittings
- Replacing fuses and plugs.
- Unblocking sinks.
- Putting up curtains
- Securing carpets.
- Moving small furniture.
- Repairing catches to loose fitting windows
- Replacing small window panes.
- Repairing small areas of rotten wood.
- Tiling small areas.
- Re-hanging doors.
- Replacing broken WC seats.
- Renewing bath sealant.
- Small repairs to leaking pipes.
- Changing tap washers, cistern washers, ball valves.
- Fitting grab rails
We can also provide a non emergency charged service for £20 per hour plus materials.
You can download the referral form. from this page.