Recruitment is now fully underway for the next Prince’s Trust Team programme, starting in Bracknell on Monday 27th September.
Get your referrals in now.
Five lesser-know benefits of Team
As many of you are aware of the programme, and know about the benefits to self-esteem, confidence, employability and experience, I thought I would let you in on a few of the lesser-known reasons to join the programme:
- As well as a qualification in Employment, Community, and Teamwork skills, young people can also gain a qualification in Money Management and learn loads about how to manage their finances and save money.
- Once they have completed the programme, participants can apply for a Development Award from the Prince’s Trust, which can fund up to £250 to help with further training or to support with next steps into employment i.e. construction kit, barbers equipment or even driving lessons!
- For 16-17 year olds, joining the course means that their family can still claim child benefit for them and if they are 18+ they can still claim Universal Credit.
- The community projects they organise could give them experience, and lead to a career, in: events management, project management, marketing and social media, health and social care, community work (including the police), social work, gardening and horticulture and many, many more.
- As well as having the support and friendship of their team, they also get one to one mentoring and support to progress with whatever targets they set themselves. It’s like having a personal life-coach!