A specialist team who can give advice and support to explore ways possible ways to increase your income and reduce your outgoings. They can also help you review debt options so you can regain control of your finances and maintain your tenancy.
The Debt Advice Team can help the following residents of Reading:
- Council Tenants (excluding Affinity managed properties),
- Residents of Reading at risk of imminent homelessness (referred via Reading Borough Councils Housing Advice Team),
- Universal Credit claimants who require Personal Budgeting Support,
- Residents of Reading effected by the Benefit Cap,
They have also produced a Debt Advice Handbook that takes you through the debt advice process. Booklet available on the Reading Borough website. www.reading.gov.uk/debtadvice
Where to go
- Reading Borough Councils Debt Advice Team
- RG1 2LU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm by appointment only.
- Session Information
Please call the team to book an appointment.
- Is there a charge for
using this service?
- Wheelchair accessible?
- Referral required
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.