The Children’s Single Point of Access is Reading’s new arrangement for you to raise concerns about a child (pre-birth to 18 years old - up to 25 years for children and young people with special needs) this includes safeguarding and child protection. Having a Single Point of Access allows us to make timely, informed, evidence based decisions to ensure a child’s safety.
What is the Children’s Single Point of Access?
It is a single point of contact for all early help and children’s social care service, including disabled children. The line is open to all practitioners and the general public.
How do I contact the Children’s Single point of Access?
There are 3 ways to contact the team:
- Using a web form, which is the most secure and effective way of requesting help for a child. The form can be found at: https://brighterfuturesforchildren.org/report-concerns-about-a-child/
- Calling the team on 0118 937 3641
- Emailing the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
How will I know if I need to contact the Children’s Single point of Access?
To find out more visit the Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership ~ Reading Threshold Criteria
If you are still unsure as to whether or not a contact or call is required, please consider the following:
- What has the child experienced?
- What support is currently in place for the child?
- What would happen to the child if there was no intervention?
- What is going well for the child?
For more advice or information, please view Reading Threshold Criteria
What will happen once I've made contact?
If you have contacted us using the web form, you will receive an automatic reply acknowledging your enquiry. You may be contacted by the team to provide more information.
If you have completed the Children's Single Point of Access referral form, we will let you know what course of action we intend taking with you within two working days.
The Family Information Service provides information on the SEND Local Offer on behalf of Brighter Futures for Children, which is contracted to deliver the SEND/Local Offer service. Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) website