Physical Disability and Sensory Needs Network (PDSN)
If you have a physical or neurological impairment or sensory impairment and you live in Reading and want a say in how support and other services are delivered locally, join the Reading Physical Disability and Sensory Needs Network
About the Network
The PDSN Network is made up of:
- people who have a physical disability, neurological condition or sensory need
- their carers and allies
- staff from Reading Borough Council’s Adult Care
- representatives from local voluntary organisations.
We generally meet around four times a year and hold an annual event. We also arrange smaller, more focused meetings to look at specific issues identified by the group.
The Board aims to improve the quality of life and promote independence by helping to develop and improve the support and services provided to meet the needs of people with physical and neurological impairments or sensory needs.
Encourages those with physical disabilities and sensory needs, their carers and allies to:
- speak up and be heard
- get involved in decisions about service changes and improvements to ensure that services meet their needs
- get involved in every stage of planning and developing new services
- Challenges attitudes and barriers which prevent people from accessing services is consulted with regards to services and anything else which affects local service users
- Plays an active part in training staff
- Links with statutory and voluntary organisations who support those with disabilities to ensure joined up thinking and service provision
- Monitors plans to improve and develop services
- Ensures there is up-to-date information to help people make good choices about their health, care and other needs
“It's about making sure disabled people get services that work well for them.”
“It is useful to talk to service staff. I really feel we are listened to.”
Contact the Partnership Network:
Tel: 07811 026070 Email: email@example.com
For details of future meeting dates, please click here.
Who to contact
- 07811 026070 07811 026070
Sign in to rate this service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.