The Silvers’ Workshop is a larger version of the typical man’s shed in the garden – a place where he feels at home and pursues practical interests.
Group members share the tools and resources they need to work on projects of their own choosing at their own pace.
So far we have an accessible workshop area, good wood-working tools (including power tools,) a timber store, and some metal-working tools. But members are not limited to these areas, and can work on whatever they want.
- We can provide training for members where needed.
- We have a comfortable sitting area with abundant tea and coffee.
- We are well-served by Reading buses.
- We are a registered charity. Our income comes largely from our members, and some comes from the sale of surplus donated tools. We welcome sponsorship and donations, including donations of tools and materials.
The Silvers’ Workshop is open to men of all ages and provides a friendly, welcoming place.
We have a strong Health and Safety philosophy – if you want to use one of our many machines, you need to get someone who knows how to use it to show you what’s what before you do. That way we minimise the risk of you or anyone else getting hurt.
Who to contact
- 0118 959 9971 0118 959 9971
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Silvers Workshop
37, Hilcot Road
- RG30 2SX
Directions to RG30 2SX
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 10am till 2:00pm
- Time of day
- Please contact us for details of membership costs
Sign in to rate this service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide, Reading Borough Council (RBC) and Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.