Central, Caversham and Tilehurst libraries are open on reduced hours and by appointment - please see www.reading.gov.uk/libraryrestart or call 0118 937 5950 for latest information. Our online library is available at www.reading.gov.uk/elibrary
Services we provide:
- Books - fiction and non-fiction, adult and children, large print
- Books in French, German, Hindi, Polish, Spanish and Urdu
- Spoken word and music CDs
- National and local newspapers
- Selection of magazines
- Free Internet access
- Study space
- Toy Library - reserve and pick up small items.
Use Reading Libraries Online Learning to practise the Driving Theory and Citizenship tests. Follow the link for the full list of online learning services.
You are welcome into any of our libraries to read a newspaper, join our rhymetimes for pre-school children or work on your own. Internet & wi-fi are free, but you must have a library card. Bring proof of signature to sign up. If you also bring proof of address, you can borrow books, CDs and DVDs. Sign up online for ebooks.
Throughout the school holidays activities arranged for children and families see website for more details.