Falling is not an inevitable part of ageing and despite this more than one-third of people over the age of 65 fall each year. Adults who fall once unfortunately are 3 times more likely to fall again, being the main cause of hospital admissions for people aged 65 and over.
This free online webinar will provide information on best practice, practical interventions, and fall prevention services available to the residents of Berkshire that are designed to reduce the risk of falls and subsequent hospital admissions.
- Karen Grannum, Programme Manager from BHFT NHS Ageing Well Programme.
- Volunteers from RBFRS Safe and Well Service
- Steph Irfan, Health Promotion Officer for Steady Steps West Berkshire, Fall Prevention Exercise Programme
- The Physiotherapy Team, BHFT Falls Team
- Reading Brough Council TEC Team
- Kate Wiggins, GBA Ever Active Ageing Office
- And speakers from Active Sussex, our sister Active Partnership, providing information on their Fall Prevention Service.
Booking for this event are now open and we invite you to book your place here.
To aid with networking we will be sharing a delegate list with attendees – when booking you will be asked if you are happy for your contact details to be shared and to provide a brief overview of your organisation for inclusion in the list.
Please feel free to share this invitation with other relevant contacts.